Friday, November 21, 2008

SIGUR ROS (London Alexandra Palace, 21/10/08)




Exactly the same deal as Thursday, with three exceptions:

i) More songs- they added Glosoli to the setlist.

ii) More volume- not too much, but you could definitely tell the difference.

iii) More water- they extended the 'waterfall' effect during Saeglopur and used it again during the first part of the mega crescendo in Untitled 8, evoking the old silk screen used on the Takk tour. Possibly the best rendition of that song I've ever seen, which given it's my favourite closer in the whole of gig-dom is something pretty fucking special.

Also bumped into the Radiohead-loving couple from last night (whose devotion to combining gigs and journeying to exotic places is an inspiration to us all), a Scottish guy I met at the Westminster show and at Those Dancing Days at Latitude, two teenagers who came up from the South Coast to the big city to whom I imparted valuable knowledge about London gig venues and everyone's favourite guerilla gig photographer Crazy Bobbles. I love being able to go to gigs and get chatting to fellow obsessees- nowadays it's half the fun!

Anyway, I should probably get all this confetti out of my hair before I go to bed- I was still finding the stuff for weeks after the Westminster gig.


(Photo: John Gleeson)

No comments: