Tuesday, December 30, 2008

WHY AM I EVEN AT WORK? THERE'S NO-ONE HERE AND NOTHING TO DO AND THERE'S ONLY SO MUCH TIME YOU CAN SPEND PROCRASTINATING ON WIKIPEDIA......OR IS THERE?

It’s been a pretty enjoyable festive break for the Meh household- not only did I stuff my face with so much home-made food I’ve achieved near-spherical form, but I also bought my ticket to Barcelona’s Primavera festival, found out my first close friend is getting married (ARGH! IT’S THE BEGINNING OF THE END!) and generally had a fun and mildly inebriated time. But now it’s time to get some end-of-year lists typed up- I’ve already dished up a particularly self-indulgent Top 25 songs, but my best live acts may take a little longer to compile- it's been a pretty epic year after all. I hope you can bear the suspense.

In the meantime, please take a moment to check up on John Allison’s always enlightening round-up of the year’s best albums on the superb ScaryGoRound;, and also cast your gazes upon this fucking awesome picture of Israeli punk band Monotonix, who supported Silver Jews early this year. HE’S PLAYING A DRUM KIT AND CROWDSURFING AT THE SAME TIME, HOW COOL IS THAT?!?!?!

No comments: