Wednesday, January 14, 2009

DID YOU SEE THE WORD(S I'M BLOGGING ABOUT YOUR BAND?)

I'll say this for Animal Collective: they're really easy to write about. When reviewing, say, an acoustic act I often find it difficult to hit the necessary word-count because there's only so much you talk about some uber-earnest guy in a woolly jumper singing generic ballads about love and loss but with AC I'm actually in danger of delivering an essay on their multi-faceted musical endeavours and how well (or not) they pan out live. Going to have to show some restraint!

Anyhoo, a full review should be on The Line Of Best Fit sometime this week. In the meantime check out this video of Fireworks, my favourite AC song (which they sadly didn't play Monday)...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had been there on Monday.