Wednesday, February 18, 2009

60% OF THE PRIMAVERA LINE-UP HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED

And includes bands such as these:

SONIC YOUTH
MY BLOODY VALENTINE
YO LA TENGO
THROWING MUSES
DAN DEACON ENSEMBLE
BAT FOR LASHES
SPIRITUALIZED
SQUAREPUSHER
THE JESUS LIZARD
APHEX TWIN
LIGHTNING BOLT
SHELLAC
THE VASELINES
JARVIS COCKER
DEERHUNTER
DAMIAN JURADO
MAGNOLIA ELECTRIC COMPANY
ALELA DIANE
BOWERBIRDS
THE TALLEST MAN ON EARTH
BLACK LIPS
THE DRONES
MARNIE STERN
GIRL TALK
SHEARWATER
BLOC PARTY
ANDREW BIRD
ART BRUT
PHOENIX
ARIEL PINK
WOODEN SHIPJS
CRYSTAL STILTS
WOMEN
PLANTS & ANIMALS
PONYTAIL
VIVIAN GIRLS
CRYSTAL ANTLERS
GANG GANG DANCE
THE MAE SHI
FUCKED UP
WAVVES

This isn't the full list- these are just the bands I'd like to check out. Actually the best festival line-up I think I've ever seen.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

too noisy for me, not enough folkies.

Do you know who the Bella Union guests were the other night?

Citizen Meh said...

It is very noisy...but also quite diverse. I like festivals where you get to see loads of stuff that intrigues you but you wouldn't necessarily pay to see, and this fits the bill to a tee.

The Bella Union guests were some band called the Irrepressibles or summat. Chris said they were awful.

Anonymous said...

Ah that's a shame about Bella Union. I guess everybody expected it to be Fleet Foxes so it was doomed to be a disappointment unless they actually got FF to play. But it also makes me feel less disappointed that I missed it, though I would have liked to see Peter Broderick again.

Also, I asked for a photopass for Andrew Bird. Rich said he asked for a +1 and suggested I ask you to come, sooooo.... wanna come and be my guest (if I get it)?

Citizen Meh said...

Oooh, yes please! Incidentally, Rich asked for a +1 for my guestlist spot for Camera Obscura at the Lexington- it hasn't been confirmed yet but I reckon he'll request your mad camera skillz if they say yes. So keep 16th March free just in case!

Anonymous said...

brilliant :)