Tuesday, March 03, 2009

"THEN WE THINK OF OUR PARENTS...WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THEM?!"



Joel, you fucking king! I've had a downloaded copy of this 2005 San Francisco performance by Lords of Men Arcade Fire for ages, but for some reason no-one's ever uploaded it up to YouTube. It's by several leagues my most viewed live performance...conservatively, I must have watched this Tunnels footage several hundred times over the years and to be honest, I think it might be my favourite musical thing ever. I <3 AF so, so much.

Bonus video:

LAIKA



The famous crash-helmet/drumstick interface. My favourite moment is when Will jumps from his elevated position and tackles Richard to the ground, pummelling the poor guy like a human drumkit. No wonder they used to get blood on the keyboards...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that top video is SO EPIC.