Friday, January 16, 2009

GIG UPDATES!

i) Lovely Canadian folkies The Acorn are playing the Brixton Windmill on 13th March- if you haven't listened to Glory Hope Mountain yet, you're seriously missing out. Tickets only £5!

ii) Wildbirds and Peacedrums return to the Luminaire on 7th April for what promises to be another jaw-dropping display of awesome from the intense Swedish duo. Their last show at their venue was one of my favourite gigs of 2008 (even though I hadn't heard a note by them beforehand), so I have a tendency to get a bit evangelical about them but don't let that put you off- they're well worth your time and money!

iii) Standing tickets for May's Beirut gig have sold out. Thank god for pre-sales...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

rats i didn't get in the office in time to get tickets for beirut :( guess i'll do it the ninja way >:)

Anonymous said...

I see Babel are supporting The Acorn, they're quite good. Kind of like O'Death. And darn, didn't think Beirut would sell out so fast. Hopefully I'll get a photopass.
Do you rekon Jeffrey Lewis will sell out Union Chapel?

Citizen Meh said...

Yeah, I can't believe Beirut sold out so quickly. The Forum's bigger than the Roundhouse where he played last time and that didn't sell out for a month or so. Good luck with ninja-ing!

I reckon the Jeff Lewis show will sell out in advance (especially with Laura Marling on the bill) but not immediately. I'd really like to go, because a lazy Saturday at Union Chapel sounds pretty appealing to me, but if it sells out I'm not going to be mortified or anything.

And Anika, you're not the first person who's recommended Babel to me! I'm looking forward to seeing them (as well as The Acorn do a headline set- as far as I'm aware they've never topped a bill in London before.)