Thursday, January 15, 2009

THEN WE THINK OF OUR PARENTS...WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THEM???

Bereft of money, gigs and the inclination to leave the flat, I've decided to while away this cold and dreary Thursday evening by perusing some of my favourite Youtube videos:



My third favourite band of the decade after Arcade Fire and Sigur Ros. This vid shows Krug and the gang playing the one song they didn't perform at last year's OHMYGODTHISISSOWONDERFULIWANTTOCRY Luminaire gig, an action that prevented them from breaching my All Time Top 5 Gigs List. Fools!



A short clip of the show that actually occupies the Number 5 place on my All Time Top Gigs List (yeah, screw you Sunset Rubdown). Sound's not great and it cuts out in the middle of the best bit, but it's gorgeous nonetheless. Yay for squeaky voiced harp-women!



I was going to post this with my Gigs of '08 article, but what the hell. It's Broken Social Scene playing Ibi Dreams of Pavement at Shepherd's Bush last year and it's brilliant.



I'm sure I've posted this before, but I'm going to post it again because it's f'in fantastic. It's the Jools Holland performance of Hoppipolla that first made me sit up and think, "hmmm, I wouldn't mind seeing this band live."



Another Jools performance, this time from the amazing Leslie Feist. Never cared for this song much before I heard it live, but as this performance shows it's quite a blinder. Nice to see Thom Yorke have a little dance along too!



My favourite band. My favourite song. Enjoy.

No comments: