Sunday, November 28, 2010

WILDBIRDS AND PEACEDRUMS (London Union Chapel, 27/11/10)



I've seen Wildbirds and Peacedrums eleven times now, and every time I've written a post in this here blog to rave about them. But tonight...tonight was on a completely different level. Combined with Union Chapel's peerless acoustics and a twenty-piece choir, they delivered what has to be one of the top 10, if not 5 performances I have seen in my life (and as I've seen around 1,800 of them, that's saying something.) By the half-way mark, it was my already gig of the year - and then it got better. I can't remember the last time a show gave me so many goosebumps; “There Is No Light” and “Places” were breathtaking in a literal sense, and “My Heart” with full choral backing almost made me cry. Absolutely glorious.

(Photo: Anika Mottershaw)

No comments: