Tuesday, December 18, 2012

LOS CAMPESINOS (London Islington Assembly Hall, 15/12/12)

Los Campesinos have a lot of really hardcore fans. I should have been one of them, but after a mediocre 2007 show, a far-too-polished debut album and some dreadfully pretentious interviews from Gareth, I simply didn’t listen to them for half a decade. It was only after encountering them at Latitude this year that I realised the error of my ways – over the years, they’ve become an impressively accomplished musical outfit, with a shedload of excellent sing-alongs and a live vitality up there with the best. Tonight’s show made it even clearer that they deserve a second chance- even though I didn’t know most of the tunes, I loved almost every moment. That said, the inevitable highlights were old favourites “You! Me! Dancing!” and “Sweet Dreams, Sweet Cheeks” - and the resulting moshpit which I may or may not have ventured into. Great fun.

(Photo: Steve Parkinson)

No comments: